New Magical Tattoos



In April 2017 I got my first tattoos. Since then I've definitely got the bug. It took me ages to find an artist that I really liked and had their own wonderful style. So when I found Emma, everything fell into place. She did my first 2 pieces in April and couldn't have been happier. You can read all about my first-time experience, my top tips and the secret meanings behind them HERE.

Going back to Emma felt natural. I love her style and trust her. I loved getting tattooed by her again... not so much the 5am wake-up to travel there though! I got 4 new pieces to add to one of my already existing pieces, slowly filling this area up to be a magical/nature collection.

Cresent Moon & Constellation
I've always loved looking up at the stars, often for too long letting my mind dance around the sky. This Paramore lyric springs to mind...
"Hold onto hope if you got it
Don't let it go for nobody
And they say that dreaming is free
But I wouldn't care what it cost me"
It's so important to keep looking forward (or up in this case) rather than back. The past doesn't define us, nor does it rule your destiny. Your 'path of life' is not fixed. You can rewrite the stars. You can be anything you want to be.

Bee
Sadly, my home city last year suffered a devastating terrorist attack. Manchester has always held a special place in my heart. Not just because I was born there, but because it has always had a life to it like nowhere else. It's alive... breathing... buzzing. The attacks saw Manchester come together, and unite in love and peace. I have never been so proud. A lot of people were getting the worker bee tattooed afterwards. The Manchester Bee is a sign of the city's hard-working past and it's progress in the industrial revolution. It was first given to the coat of arms in 1862 when the city was filled with textile mills that were commonly described as ‘hives of activity’ and the workers inside them compared to bees.

Elder Wand
Anyone who knows me (and probably those who don't) know that I live and breathe Harry Potter. There's a shrine in my house, it's in my wedding vows, I'm walking down the aisle to it, I watch it on a daily basis... you get the picture. It's a series that may have captured the heart of millions, but it saved mine. The wizarding world was there for me when no one else was and allowed me to escape to a world where I could be free of my troubles. Maybe I'll write a post all about why I love Harry Potter one day... haha.
Anyway, I've wanted a tattoo for the series forEVER, but wasn't sure what exactly I wanted. I didn't want the generic Deathly Hallows, deer, glasses/lightning bolt or outline of Hogwarts. Nor did I want text. I thought about maybe the physical book, but I have something else planned for that. To be perfectly honest, everything seemed a bit tacky, rather than actually celebrating my love. 
I knew I was building up a magical collection, so what better way than with a wand. From Harry choosing his first wand (11 inches long, made of holly with a Pheonix feather core) in Ollivanders, to returning the Elder Wand to Dumbledore's grave so that it's power dies with Harry. It symbolises not just my love for the wizarding world, but the power that it gave me.

Mushrooms
This was the one that people found odd when they asked what I was getting. But for me, mushrooms have always been a sign of earthly magic. Right back to when my cousin and I would build fairy houses, or build fairy boats and set them off down the river at the bottom of the garden. I used to write letters to the fairies that lived in my garden and I got many a letter back... until I realised that the fairy's handwriting was uncannily similar to my Grandma's. So this seemed like a perfect addition to my magical collection.



Thank you for getting to the end! This was quite a text-heavy post so well done you trooper!


All My Love

_________________________________________




** Disclaimer: All content on this blog is my own. Paid Advertorials are my own views, opinion and content. Copyright of Deadly Is The Female.

Share:
© Deadly Is The Female | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig