2017: A Year In Review



2018 already?! 
I feel like I've blinked and this year has just whizzed by! Everything just seems like a blur. It's times like this I really wish I had the perseverance and dedication to keep a diary - something I have never been able to do. So I had a scroll back through my camera roll, and thought I would do a little re-cap on my year.

JANUARY
What a great way to start this off as I remeber nothing from January. My camera roll wasn't much help either. I think this month was jam-packed with work, theatre rehearsals mostly. A very busy start to the year!

FEBRUARY
The 1st of this month marked our debut performance. Lots of blood, sweat, and tears went into this production from us, but I have never been so proud.
I also saw Jack Whitehall live, who was brilliant as always, as well as lots of wonderful days with loved ones. One of which was a Liverpool date with Mike, and another in Manchester with Chum.
Not to mention, I also took a trip down to Bath to make final decisions on moving down there.


MARCH
Sadly, this month my mental health took a real dip. So what better way to forget about your problems than to swan off to New York, eh? It was my second time in the Big Apple, and I don't think it could have come at a better time. It gave me a chance to step away from my worries and just live in the clouds for a while. I love this city so much, and the hustle and bustle was exactly what I needed. This time around I saw 'A Bronx Tale' on Broadway and it was magical. The songs, choreography, acting and set of this musical was just breathtaking and I highly recommend listening to the soundtrack!

APRIL
Returning from NYC was difficult, and it felt like reality hit me hard. So what better way than to swan of to London, eh? I feel a pattern emerging... Anyway, I had a wonderful few days exploring Covent Garden and seeing lots of theatre; including a very abstract adaptation of Romeo & Juliet at The Globe Theatre, and Agatha Christie's 'The Mousetrap' (the longest running show of any kind in the history of British Theatre).
April also saw me get my first tattoos. I had wanted these pieces for years and was waiting till I found the perfect artist. You can read all about my experience and the meanings behind them HERE.
Yet despite all this, my highlight of the month was volunteering at HOBY - a wonderful charity that changed my life and continues to change the lives of others. If you want to read more about the amazing work they do, click HERE.


MAY
This month kicked off with a wonderful performance of of Twelfth Night at the Royal Exchange in Manchester, but was quickly followed with hardcore revision for exams. I also began renovating our garden this month as a little side project. Well, it started like that but became a real labour of love. Chum and I also went for a wonderful picnic in Picadilly Gardens in which we got tipsy, I recited poetry to strangers and had a very... eventful train journey. I also met up with Harrison this month - a fellow HOBY volunteer and good friend. He's a good egg.


June and July seem to be a bit of a blur? I saw a few museum exhibitions and had some brunch dates, but other than that, I'm not really sure what happened...

AUGUST
August was brilliant. My mental health was so good and everything just seemed to fall into place. The month began with a wonderful event with the incredible Grace Victory. An inspiration to so many, she has changed my life, to say the least.
I also went on holiday with my family to the Lake District. It has been years since I've visited and it holds so many positive memories of my childhood; tadpoles, thunderstorms, haunted houses and FAB ice lollies. I enjoyed revisiting Beatrix Potter's house as an adult, and spent quality time with my family.
I also finally made it to Leeds Festival, which was just bloody brilliant. I saw numerous acts that I've been dying to see; MUSE, Liam Gallager, Kasabian, Bastille, Blossoms, Jimmy Eat World, Eminem, Sundara Karma, The Pretty Reckless, Bill Bailey - just to name a few. We had wonderful weather (as opposed to the washout of last year), so much so that I got sunburnt.
August ended with a trip to see The Addams Family Musical, which was just as kooky as I expected it to be. And we went on a Wednesday!


SEPTEMBER
September was equally as exciting as August, with Mike and I jetting off to Malaga for a week in the sun. It was probably the best week of the year, and I wrote all about it HERE.
We were only back a few days before it was time to move to Bath. Words can't describe how wonderful this was. Moving to Bath and starting university in a city that I adore has been the best thing I've ever done. I am so happy within myself, and I feel like I've made such wonderful friends. I can't wait for what the future holds for me here.

OCTOBER
October is by far the best month of the year, and I wrote all about it HERE. But some definite highlights for me was seeing The Hoosier's live and my birthday. This was also the first year that I felt significant ageing. It sounds ridiculous, but for the first time in my life I've felt very aware of it.

NOVEMBER
During November I booked my next set of tattoos, getting 4 new additions in January. I also went back up north to see my family, as well as to indulge in £1 bevs and chips smothered in gravy.
This month I took a trip to York - a city that I adore and was happy to visit again. I took my grandparents this time, who enjoyed it despite the bitter cold.
Back in Bath, I explored the Christmas Markets and battled the crowds for mulled wine.
This was also the month of Nest nights out, I'm A Celeb, and excessive Domino's pizza.

DECEMBER
The start of this month really dragged. I just really needed some familiarity of the North, so was excited to go back up to see my family. I then headed back down to Bath for the biggest and best Christmas ever. Getting us all together under one roof was a task but I've never felt so grateful. New Year's Eve was pretty relaxed this year, with Mike and I going away for a few days.




I would be lying if I said this year wasn't hard. It has pushed me in ways I never expected, and at times I didn't know if I would pull through. But I did, and that's where the real success is.

These 'year-in-review' style posts make it very easy to compare and criticise yourself. There has been highs, lows, laughter, tears and a whole heap of challenges to overcome for me this year. Success is subjective. Nobody is perfect, and certainly, nobody has a perfect life. Don't define yourself by other peoples standards or achievements. You are your own person, doing your own thang. You do you!

Every year I continue to feel blessed by this little corner of the internet. You bring me new opportunities constantly, and I am forever thankful for the solace you provide.

I hope that 2018 brings you love, happiness and peace. The world is your oyster, and you can do anything you put your mind to!

All My Love

_________________________________________

Share:
© Deadly Is The Female | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig