LUSH Perfumes || Amelie Mae

I doubt you'll have had to be here very long to realise that I'm a huge Lush fan, and I don't think that's hard to work out why. The greatest leader for ethical products in the cosmetic industry, in my opinion, they really don't get enough credit!
Yet a range that had evaded me is the Gorilla Perfumes.

In 2008, a magazine referred to Lush founder Mark Constantine and son Simon as ‘guerrilla perfumers’. Simon’s brother Jack responded by suggesting that ‘Gorilla’ might be a more appropriate epithet for them and the name stuck; in 2010, the first album of Gorilla Perfumes was released to the public.
The Gorilla Perfumes are expressions of creativity produced in-house, rather than formulas bought in en masse. Using essential oils in their creation, musicians and a vast network of artists, ecologists and environmentalists inspire, and often collaborate with, Gorilla Perfumes.



I'm not sure why I never picked one up before. I think Lush can be overwhelming for the senses as it is, let alone trying to pick a perfume. A couple of months ago I was lucky enough to be invited to an experience with them and finally got to pick a few up.

Today I thought I would talk about Amelie Mae.


Made by Simon Constantine for his youngest daughter, Amelie Mae, he asked her what type of things she would put in a perfume; she said rose, lavender and raspberries.

With top notes of lavender, there is this overwhelming sense of bright florals at the first spritz. But that quickly falls away and matures to something sweeter, more like Sleepy - my favourite body lotion from Lush.
The longer you leave this on, it transitions into the middle notes of ylang-ylang and rose, forming a sweet fruity scent. Many have likened this to Rose Jam, which is a sentiment that I understand. The rose absolute adds a cloying, rather honeyed layer to the overall perfume and encases the other ingredients in a blanket of sweetness.

Despite me buying this in Autumn, this is definitely more of a spring/summer scent. It reminds me perfectly of Parma Violets! This nostalgia means that I don't mind wearing in the colder months.  Amelie Mae is a delicately fruity perfume that is perfect for an equally delicate soul.


I would love to know what you think of the Lush scents, and what your favourites are.

All My Love

_________________________________________




** Disclaimer: All content on this blog is my own. Paid Advertorials are my own views, opinion and content. Copyright of Deadly Is The Female.

Share:
© Deadly Is The Female | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig