Letter to Autumn



Dearest Autumn,

Oh, how I missed you, old friend! Like passing ships, I feel this year we have almost evaded each other. Time has escaped us. Like precious sand falling through the cracks in my fingers; I blinked and you were gone.

Thank you, Autumn, for our fleeting meeting. Your icy kiss blew warm air into my soul and ignited the fire in my heart for the festive season. The falling kaleidoscope of coloured leaves formed the crisp carpet of morning walks and late-night bumbles.

Alcohol-blankets on birthday nights out and whistling winds of change turning my cheeks rosy. I briefly look over my shoulder at the things I have lost and gained along the way. I am a different person since we last met. Spring was the least kind and taught me a lot about trust. Thus, hurt resided in me throughout Summer, but I think each falling leaf restored my confidence and healed my heart. So, I hope that next year you will meet a wiser Sophie.


I'd forgotten that you brought rain, Autumn. Not that I'm complaining, because I love the rain... even if you make my hair frizzy and my nose runny. I like listening to the musical notes you create on my window pane as Stephen Fry's voice dances along, retelling to me the thousandth time of the adventures of Harry, Ron and Hermione.

The snowflakes outside are calling for me to say goodbye now. Absence makes the heart grow fonder, and I wonder who I will be next time around, Autumn.



All My Love

_________________________________________




** Disclaimer: All content on this blog is my own. Paid Advertorials are my own views, opinion and content. Copyright of Deadly Is The Female.

Share:
© Deadly Is The Female | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig