Why I Dropped Off The Map...

Hello Lovelies,


They say absence makes the heart grow fonder, and every time I take a break from blogging I think of that saying. Coming back after time off almost reignites my love for this industry (not to say that it wasn't there before) and I feel so much more inspired.


My online presence has really dipped over the last month or so, for a couple of reasons. Firstly, it was exam season. That one's pretty self-explanatory - sometimes I question if a degree is worth it! And secondly, my mental health. I feel like I am one of those people who take on too much at once. Everyone is always telling me to "slow down" and that they "don't know how I do it". If I am honest, I don't either. And sometimes, it gets a bit much.

And thirdly, I think that social media can be a damaging place. I've always felt sorry for those people that are always active on group chats, etc, because it seems like they do nothing else. I was in a coffee shop a few backs, sat next to the window reading. I looked up and honestly was sickened at how the majority of people were walking along looking at their phone intensely or had it in their hand glancing at it. I felt so alienated. It was like something out of a sci-fi film; where everyone had become zombies. (I specifically thought of the social commentary aspect of Warm Bodies). Or going for a meal and seeing just how many people were sat on their phones. I know it's cliche and makes me sound so old/naggy, but it just made me so sad. Especially since my Grandpa was diagnosed with Alzheimers Disease, I've felt so passionate about living life to the full. And I just don't believe you can be experiencing or living in the moment if a device is taking away your concentration. I mean, don't get me wrong, I love Instagram just as much as the next person (probably more even - @Sophie_Lily_), but I don't want to look back when I'm 80 and my memories are blurred; because I've seen what that's like. Social media is supposed to enhance your lifestyle, not deplete it.


But now I am back, and I have plenty of content planned so keep your eyes peeled! Life is precious, and shouldn't be wasted. Every second counts.

"The purpose of life, after all, is to live it, to taste experience to the utmost, to reach out eagerly and without fear for newer and richer experience."
~ Eleanor Roosevelt

All My Love
_________________________________________




** Disclaimer: All content on this blog is my own. Paid Advertorials are my own views, opinion and content. Copyright of Deadly Is The Female.


Share:
© Deadly Is The Female | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig