April Favourites

Hi Lovelies,

The fact that it's May already sickens me. Mostly because that means it's exam season, but also because I can't comprehend that 4 months of 2017 have already gone. Time seems to just slip through my fingers recently...

So here it is; a standard monthly favourites. I'll get on with it.


Chloe Eau de Parfum
I bought this perfume as a treat to myself (like most things) just before Christmas, but April was the month that I really fell in love with it. Spring felt like it had really sprung this month and I felt this scent really encapsulated that. A powdery floral fragrance, with key notes of Peony, Rose, Honey, Cedarwood makes it a perfect day to night scent. Peonies are actually my favourite flower, so what's not to like?

Gingham Cigarette Trousers
Oh my Lord! I don't think I have ever fallen in love with an item of clothing as much as I have with these trousers. As ASOS marketplace find, they are high-waisted with a relaxed yet tapered boyfriend fit. I've mostly been pairing them with a high neck white t-shirt, black converse and this oversized mustard cardigan (an NYC Urban Outfitters find). I've unashamedly worn this outfit countless times this month, and have always been flooded with compliments. Stand out, and love it.
And yes, I had to roll up the bottoms because I'm a tiny human.

See if you can spot me below looking very happy with a yellow door on London Southbank.

'Phillip Larkin: Life, Art and Love' By James Booth
This had to be my favourite book this month as I was enthralled from beginning to end. A controversial poet to many, I found it a very insightful read; delving into all corners of Larkin's life. Booth writes profoundly; his passion brings new meanings to his work and I really don't think I've read more knowledgeable prose on Larkin. If you are familiar with his work, or even if you're not, check this out because it really is a great read.

Fantastic Beasts and Where To Find Them
I think you would all be worried if I didn't talk about something wizarding world related this month. I feel like Fantastic Beasts has really just taken over my life this month. I re-read the screenplay at the start of the month and invested in some of the related books; including 'Behind The Magic; The Making of FBAWTFT'. I must have watched the film over 15 times this month. Sickening I know. I'm just really excited that we are getting more snippets of the Wizarding World and I couldn't be happier.

Kat Von D Everlasting Liquid Lipstick in 'Lolita'
I picked this up in Sephora when I was last in NYC and have pretty much not stopped wearing it. A slightly darker rose nude, it's the perfect transitional colour for spring. The formula for this range is probably the best I have tried as far as liquid lipsticks go. It's so lightweight I forget its there and wears off nicely throughout the day. For me, it's certainly not 'everlasting'. But I don't think that's a fault with the product, more with me and my huge lips absorbing all makeup!

Calvin Klein Briefs
Some might think it's a bit risqué to talk about this on the internet, but fuck society and its objectifying. Admittedly, Calvin's are a bit pricey, but boy are they worth it! They are quite possibly the softest, comfiest knickers I have ever bought. And if there is anywhere you want ultra softness, its down there. I bought a couple of the different style pants from the range, put them through the wash dozens of times and they are still just as soft as when I bought them. 10/10.


And there we have it. Another month gone! I hope April was a fabulous month for you. If it's also exam season for you, come join in my procrastination. If it's not... pray for me?


All My Love

_________________________________________




** Disclaimer: All content on this blog is my own. Paid Advertorials are my own views, opinion and content. Copyright of Deadly Is The Female.
Share:
© Deadly Is The Female | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig