Maybelline Colour Show Nail Polish Review - Downtown Red




Hello Lovelies,

Nail polish is something I really take pride in. I think hands look so much more feminine and attractive when they are painted. So on a little hunt around Boots the other week, I saw the Maybelline Colour Show collection. I have never tried this collection before so it is very much a first for me. 



I thought I'd be safe and got for a red as its my favourite colour to wear so I chose Downtown Red. Although it may seem brighter on the pictures, its a burgundy red colour with plum/pink undertones. 

With a wide range of colours and a great price - retailing at only £2.99 - I had high hopes that this would fill my nail polish requirements. It had a great consistency an dried quickly. I also really liked the applicator; something I am rather picky on. They are Maybelline’s first transparent gel based formula, giving you a glossy look.

However, I found that it soon chipped. The next time I applied it I added another layer and although it lasted longer, it still chipped quicker than other nail polish. 


Over all I think these are worth the price they're sold for. Coming in more that 40 colours, there's plenty to choose from. But if you're looking for something hard wearing, I don't think this is the nail polish for you. 

Colour(s): 5/5
Application: 4/5
Wear: 2/5

Let me know below if you have tried any of the Colour Show range. What did you think of them? Also, don't forget to check out all my social media; links are below!

All My Love
Sophie
___________________________

Twitter  Tumblr ● Bloglovin' ● Instagram
___________________________
Share:
© Deadly Is The Female | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig