Oh Christmas Tree, Oh Christmas Tree! - Ideas For Decorating Your Tree

Hello my lovelies!

Firstly I would like to apologize for not posting for the last few days. I have gone against my Blogmas promise and for that I am deeply sorry. In the time that has passed I have had some problems to deal with but now that's over I'm back in the Christmas spirit! 

Today I want to talk about Christmas trees! Now, when it comes to this festive time of year I am very much a traditional person. I have always and will always have a green tree. Artificial or real, I just feel it is only right. 

I usually stick to the same sort or decoration themes too. These include red, gold, green and white. This year I decided to go for a red and gold theme. 

On my Christmas tree I like to have a consistent theme which is much better for someone on a budget. However, I mix and match looks so pretty if you have that extra few pennies to spend. Individual baubles can be found at every supermarket and I find most garden centers do the cutest baubles ever! These individual baubles usually cost around £2-£3.50 each. 

I do however have a few tips which are low-cost and really do make your Christmas Tree look better than the rest!

Biscuit Baubles
Something I do every single year without fail is make Biscuit Baubles. All you need is a simple (or your favorite) biscuit mix and some cutters. If you pop down to your local supermarket, you can buy some Christmas themed cutters (i.e Tree, Present, Bauble, Star, etc.). Once you've cut out your shapes, use a some thing circular (I use a pen lid) to cut out a hole at the top of your shape. Once you've baked them and let the cool, you can ice them. I prefer to use white icing and pipe it on in different patterns/shapes. After the icing has set, thread some ribbon through the little hole you cut out earlier and you're good to go!
 
 

Ribbons & Bows
If you pop down to your local haberdashery (your local supermarket might have some too!) buy a few meters of wide ribbon. You can cute this down and tie it in bows and add them to your Christmas tree. I really like this because it feels traditional and looks very cute! 
 
 

Candy Canes
This is another food decoration but Candy Canes just scream Christmas. You can find them anywhere and everywhere as soon as the festive season starts. You could hang them as they are on a branch or tie a little ribbon round it (oh how I do love bows!) to make it look especially pretty!


I hope you liked this post and look forward to more for Blogmas!

All My Love
Sophie
x

Share:
© Deadly Is The Female | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig